Love My Mama Deviled Eggs
My mother has made deviled eggs over the entirety of my life. They were holiday staples, barbeque accouterments, and "just because" treats when she wanted to make an average day spectacular. So, in honor of my mom, a Chicago girl to the core, we've crafted three different deviled eggs that reflect the spirit of who she is and this city she loves.
- The Projects – My mom spent her early years in the Harold L. Ickes housing projects on 22nd and Federal. This was the haven that hosted her childhood memories and shaped so much of who she would eventually become. While gentrified high rises and a promise have replaced the "Ickes," she is so proud that this is where her life in Chicago started. So, we're beginning our deviled egg options with a humble but flavorful experience. We're offering a classic deviled egg and topping it with slow-roasted pork and a sprinkle of merlot pepper.
- The 1420s – After years in "the Ickes," my grandmother moved the family to what we now call West Inglewood. This is the place where my mother has another vault of endless memories. She says the most important is bringing me home to this house just days after birth. This is the place where my mother grew into mothering. It's the place that Mom, and everyone in our family, would return to whenever they needed mothering or a place to call home. So, we're taking a classic deviled egg, mixing in a bit of truffle aioli, and topping it with house-made duck bacon with diced scallions.
- The Vedas – She may have started life in Chicago, but she is undeniably now a world citizen. My mother took on a serious travel habit with retirement and hasn't stopped since. She is on her second passport and proud of it! Along with the stamps in her passport, she's become quite the food adventurer. We're taking a classic deviled egg and mixing in big chunks of delicious lump crab meat for this one. We'll finish it with a sprinkle of Chef Tiki's Wizard Dust. She fancy now!
· A half order includes six deviled egg halves.
· A full order includes 12 deviled egg halves.
No edits, substitutions, or allergy adjustments.